Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m happy

Roadmap 2015/2016 has been published!

Please take a look at the product roadmap for 2015/2016 at http://codeontime.com/roadmap.

Post your comments and suggestions here.
  • The list is broad, there are interesting stuff out there....

My suggestions:
    - Basket lookup (if this is meant by multiselect lookup) could be moved in next release. This seems to me like a basic functionality of master-detail relationship, not something that is "a nice feature".
    - Charts in DesktopUI - enhancements in charts that are available for TouchUI, I would like to see in DesktopUI too.
    - Drag&Drop feature for records - not only for files. Maybe this is what you call Basket lookup?
    - TreeView - type of view - when clicked on item, detail data opens.

This is what I can think of right now.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I totally agree that the Desktop needs to be also considered - it seems most enhancements are for the TouchUI when most of our clients are NOT interested in this mode.

1. Definitely having the TouchUI Charts in desktop is esssential
    2. What happened to the mentioned Calendar functionality in Desktop?
    3. A tree view in Desktop is also a very important option
    4. Multi-Select Lookups and Drop Down Lists are a major lacking in COT.
    5. Moving the Native App for iOS an Android to an earlier version - too far away in the current roadmap
    6. A better Hierarchical Grid - the current one is very poor
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Touch UI is obviously being designed as the single interface for CodeOnTime in the future. I am good with this as the interface works well, looks good, and is very flexible for different devices. Right now there is a lot of inconsistency between the two with features being only on desktop and not touch UI and vice versa. With that in mind, please get some of the easy standard features found in desktop available for Touch UI so everyone can make the switch. Below are some of the obvious things that I think should be implemented before trying to create new capabilities;

-Multi-Select (Touch)
    Checkboxes will be added to the grid, list, and card views. The user will be able to select multiple records and execute actions for all selected values.
    -Auto Complete (Touch)
    The “Autocomplete” item lookup style will be enabled in Touch UI. As a user types in a value, a search will be performed on the lookup controller.
    -Pager (Indicator) for infinite scrolling (Touch)
    An indicator will be displayed on the right side of any grid view that shows the current position in the data set.
    -Pager for “Sort by Letter” (Touch)
    An alternative indicator will be displayed on the right side that shows the current location in the alphabet. The user can click and drag to pick a letter to navigate directly to that page.
    -Conditional styling (Touch)
    The conditional styling feature will be enabled in Touch UI, and allow developers to assign custom CSS styles to rows depending on the data.
    -Hyperlinks (Touch)
    Hyperlink format strings will be supported in Touch UI.
    -“Pivot-less Charts” support the rows as a data source (Touch)
    Charts will use the raw data that was pivoted prior to retrieval from the database. This will work with data stored in pivoted form in the database or pivoted through SQL statements or stored procedures.
    -Backwards Compatibility with Desktop-style Chart Properties (Touch)
    Touch UI will automatically show the correct charts for chart views designed for Desktop.
    -Aggregates in “Show All” mode (Touch)
    A panel will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in “See All” mode to shows aggregate values. Presently aggregates are displayed in summary views and are displayed only at the very bottom of the “Sell All” views.
    -Batch Edit (Touch)
    The user will be able to select multiple records and update them with the same value for each selected column in Touch UI.
    Import (Touch)
    -The “Import” form will be ported from desktop.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I request for desktop chart similar to touch UI on priority basis.

Hemlata
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• While Cot is trying to close gap between Desktop UI and Touch UI, I strongly suggest the following items being brought back earlier than the scheduled releases. These are very important features for any kind of database application.

Cot, please consider releasing these features earlier:

(1). “Data Sheet“ View Style(Touch) with support for inline editing and hierarchical display --> scheduled for 8.8.0.0
    (2). Batch Edit (Touch) --> scheduled for 8.9.0.0
    (3). Barcode Scanner Support (Touch) --> scheduled for 8.10.0.0
    (4). Keyboard navigation in List/Grid (Touch) --> scheduled for 9.0.0.0
    (5). Smart Forms (Touch) --> scheduled for 9.1.0.0
    (6). Payment System Integration (Desktop / Touch) --> scheduled for 9.1.0.0

regards
    zakaria
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm