Azure BLOB Storage authentication errors

We published our first COT app to Azure and all pages are working fine with exception of an Attachments page for file uploads, which are to be stored in an Azure BLOB container.

The Attachments controller had a new Byte[] field added and added to the createForm1 view. The problem is when I run the app and try to attach a file, the progress bar above the "Click to select a file" box completes and the modal stays open. Checking the BLOB container there are no files uploaded and authentication errors and client errors are occurring. What could be causing the problem?

1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Jeffery,

I ran into the same situation. I ended up turning off require secure connection in Azure. This is probably not a long term solution for you, but if you need to get it working while you try to sort it out, this might work for you.

Scott
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• COT Support - We are still experiencing these errors. Any thoughts on this issue?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Jeffrey,

Do not turn OFF the SSL. Support for SSL is integrated in the blob adapter.

The nature of the error indicates that the invalid access key is used in one of the blob adapter configurations.

It is also possible that you are using a 3rd party product that has invalid configuration.

Consider customizing the blob adapter to trap exceptions and logging the configuration.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• COT Support --
    Thank you for the information. Please note that there is no 3rd party product involved. The table and relationship design for attachments followed the videos on the COT website.

Testing performed with file types PDF and JPG of sizes 36 KB to 8 MB.

1. SSL was turned back on the Azure Storage Service for BLOBs
    2. Using Chrome browser, the first attempt to upload an attachment from the app did work (see below)
    3. Subsequent uploads of attachments are failing, the createForm1 modal hangs (doesn't close), the record is written to Attachments table, however no file is uploaded to Azure BLOB storage
    4. I logged out of the app, logged-in again and tried uploading attachment, same result as #3 above.
    5. Opened Firefox browser, logged-in and the first attempt to upload an attachment from the app worked
    6. In same user session on Firefox browser, subsequent uploads failed, same as #2 and #3 above
    7. Opened new instance of Chrome browser, same results and #2 & #3.

Then explored selecting a Master record A and upload an attachment. Works the first time and subsequent times while the Master editForm1 view is open.

Then I selected a different Master record B, upload works first time. Close this view and go back to Master record A and upload works the first time, but not subsequent uploads.

I am also finding that there may be a timeout issue with attachment uploads. Even on the development PC and using the local BLOB controller, attachments over 50 MB cause the createForm1 modal to hang and the file is not uploaded to local drive D:\Attachments.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jeffrey,

Azure is not too kind to the file names with spaces and other characters in the names.

Consider using a simple Path-Template based on the file ID.

For example, {DocID}.dat and see if that works.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm